Now, Aadhaar will be compulsory for students to have for enjoying the benefits of mid-day meals in government schools across the nation. According to a recent notification issued by the HRD Ministry, no government will be able to access the mid-day meal without Aadhaar card. Along with students, cooks and other helpers working or engaged in the scheme will also be needed to submit Aadhaar numbers.
Both cooks and students without Aadhaar card need to enroll for the Aadhaar authentication soon. The HRD ministry has claimed that the move will improve efficiency and transparency in the process. In a statement, the Ministry added, “Using Aadhaar as a document of identity for delivery of benefits, services, or subsidy will ease the delivery process of the government and to enable beneficiaries to get it directly.” The rule is applicable in all states, except Meghalaya, Jammu & Kashmir and Assam.
Aadhaar Card in Education
As part of larger central mandate to link the biometric Aadhaar authentication, the new move will help in different educational schemes.
- The government has made it compulsory to link Aadhaar to five schemes for children in August last year, such as Sarv Shiksha Abhiyan, Integrated Child Development Services, Rashtriya Madhyamik Shiksha Abhiyan, and Integrated Child Protection Scheme, and obviously the Mid-day meal scheme.
- In February, the HRD Ministry announced that the authentication and registration with Aadhaar is needed for students across the country when applying for scholarships in central universities.
- The Centre announced some rules for the candidates who are applying for NEET exams along with JEE and was also making it applicable for various competitive exams.
- Same provisions are announced for the school students who want to be applicable for the Means-cum-Merit Scholarship scheme.
- Aadhaar is helpful to clean up the database of students.
For more aadhar realted help please visit http://www.checkaadharcardstatus.in aadhar guide.